The National Health Authority (NHA) has entered into an agreement with Ministry of Labor and Employment (MoLE) for the inclusion of Building and other Construction Workers (BoCW) under the ambit of (AB-PM JAY). This synergy between AB PM-JAYand Building and other Construction Workers Welfare Board (BoCWWB) will create an ecosystem wherein workers which are registered with the BoCWWB, are eligible for various social and medical benefits including ‘medical expenses for treatment of major ailments of a beneficiary or, such dependent, as may be prescribed.’ under The Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Services) Act, 1996. Through this collaboration MoLE endeavors to meet its health mandate of the larger social security and welfare mandate. programme.
The convergence between NHA and MoLE is a landmark initiative for the provision of healthcare benefits of upto INR 5 lakhs to an estimated 3.5 crore registered BoCW along with their families across the network of 22,000+ AB PM-JAY empaneled hospitals in the country. This will further lead to the efficient utilization of the BoCW cess fund and also comply with the ruling of Hon’ble Supreme Court dated 4th July 2018, subsequent to the directions contained in Judgment dated 19th March, 2018 and 7th May 2018 in Writ Petition(Civil) No. 318 of 2006, the Model Welfare Scheme suggests that State Welfare Boards shall coordinate with State Governments to ensure AB PM-JAY is able to cover maximum BoCW.
In the initial phase, the convergence scheme will be launched in the States/UTs of Bihar, Chandigarh, and Uttar Pradesh wherein the registered workers of the BoCWWB will be able to access the benefits of AB PM-JAY in the empaneled hospitals. The beneficiaries will be eligible for all secondary and tertiary packages (1573 procedures) across 24 specialties under the scheme and the initiative will be eventually covered across the whole country in a time bound manner.Key benefits of BoCW convergence under AB PM-JAY:
- Workers registered with BoCWWB will get access to healthcare providers under AB PM-JAY Eligible workers can use their BoCW card to register themselves as a beneficiary in AB PM-JAY Portability benefits across State/UTs
- Scheme is run within the PM-JAY IT Ecosystem which offers advanced IT platform
- Network of 22,000+ public and private hospitals may be
- For more information beneficiaries can call PM JAY convergence toll free number 14588
- Click here for the list of empanelled hospitals under AB PM-JAY